A Vendor is used to differentiate data from multiple brands in a multi-line account. The information included in the Vendor account is used to split products into separate orders to be filled by individual brands that a multi-line agency may sell for.
Required Information for creating a Vendor:
- The Vendor Name: The name of the Vendor or Brand.
- Catalog Code: A unique short alpha-numeric code usually 3 or 4 digits assigned to products and used to associate products with a brand. (Ex. ABC)
- Catalog Name: Name of Brand (Ex. ABC Furniture Co)
- Vendor Phone
- Vendor Address
- Contact E-mail
- Order E-mail
- Vendor Logo
Steps to Create a Vendor:
- Using the left hand navigation rail, Click "Vendors"
- Click at the top right
- Enter the information listed above
- Choose "How are you going to get your data or this vendor?"
- Click "Save" in the upper right to create the Vendor
Congrats! 🎉 You've successfully created a Vendor.
Next, you'll want to request a connection to the brand associated with the vendor you've just created. If approved, this will give you access to their product data without you having to upload the data yourself. This makes for simple management of all of your brand's product data.
Learn about Requesting a Connection: Here