Every brand has a story to tell and has different needs for their business in our ever-evolving society. While brands and society evolve, sales representatives remain a vital component to your organization's structure and success. Within this article, we will explain the difference between our two license types: standard and basic.
Learn more about the two different license types below.
1. The "Standard" rep license is a paid license that allows full access to both the iPad sales rep app and the web app including order submission.
2. The "Basic" rep license is a free license that allows access to the following limited functions in the web app only:
- Review both submitted and un-submitted orders for your clients
- View Products
Note: A valid email address is required for each sales rep.
@Market Online Sellers: @Market Online requires a single, basic license to process orders on the platform. To process orders, ensure that you have a basic license and a single sales rep set up within WebManager > Sales Reps > Manage Licenses and WebManager > Sales Reps > View/Edit Sales Reps. If your brand does not have a sales rep, you can always use a "House" account such as email@example.com, etc. To submit orders on the backend on behalf of buyers, you would need to upgrade your license type to a standard license.
The web app can be accessed from any device that's connected to the Internet: phones, desktop computers, Android tablets, etc. You can access the web app by going to app.repzio.com and using your username and password to sign in.
The web app works similarly to the iOS version of the app, but there are a few key differences:
- You must select a customer first in order to browse products. Users with a standard license can also add items to a cart within the web app.
- The web app cannot send tear sheets or use flipbooks. We are working on adding these features into the web app at a later date.
- If your device is not connected to the Internet, then you will not be able to access the web app.