Categories Template Overview
The Categories Template (“RepZio_Import_ProductCategories.xls”) is used to load the categories for your products into RepZio. Along with every spreadsheet in RepZio, make sure that your Categories template is in .xls or .txt (Tab Delimited) format.
Categories Template Fields
- ItemID - The item code or SKU of the product you want in a specific category
- Categories - The name of the category in which you want a specific product placed
- SortOrder - The desired order of the products within a category
- IsDeleted - Manages whether or not you want a specific product to appear within a specific category. Mark “FALSE” for the product to appear in the category, and “TRUE” for it to be removed from the category
The naming convention for categories differs based on whether or not the categories contain subcategories. For example:
- If you are not using subcategories, simply type the name of the category in the Categories column: Example: Clothes
- If you are using subcategories, use a forward slash to indicate the next category level: Example: /Clothes/Shorts
- If you want to assign a product to multiple categories, you can do so using a pipe (Note: there CANNOT be any spaces before or after the pipe on the spreadsheet): Example: Clothes | Fashion or /Clothes/Shorts | /Fashion/Pants
Removing a Product from a Category
If you would like to remove a product from a category that it's currently assigned to, you would do the following:
- Export your product categories from webmanager at Manage Data > Export Data > Export Category Products (with Sub-Categories)
- Open the newly-downloaded category export file
- Enter "TRUE" in the IsDeleted column for the item you would like to remove from its current category
- Save the file and then upload it back into webmanager as a categories file.
Important: The Categories template is also used to load WebCategories as well. WebCategories can be used to show different categories on your B2B website than you do on your sales app. The only difference is that when uploading the spreadsheet, you must choose Web Categories from the "Choose type of data you want to import" drop-down menu.