The RepZio App will automatically receive and synchronize data changes from the Webmanager to the iOS device. This process happens automatically once you are logged in and connected to Wi-Fi. The sync takes care of the daily updates, so RepZio users do not have to worry about it.
While RepZio users are connected to a solid Wi-Fi connection and logged into the app, data syncing is automatically happening.
- The sync begins once the user has logged in and the “Choose a Manufacturer” page appears.
- You will see the icon for the manufacturer and a line moving below it that shows the sync progress.
- During the sync you will see things like…saving AddUpdateClient, saving AddUpdateProduct or DownloadingImage until it completes with a Last sync: date & time.
This happens constantly and is the normal way to deliver updates to and from the app.
Refresh data, found within the app's settings, is often overused when it isn't needed.
- Refresh data wipes all data for that manufacturer within the app and pulls EVERYTHING back down again from web manager.
- This should NOT be done on a daily basis.
- This is a last resort option and it is simply not necessary, can take a lot of time with no real benefit.
Users should only refresh the app data if they have been instructed to do so by their manufacturer's Webmanager or RepZio support.