If you receive the following error message when you send a Send File: "You must update your SMTP settings", then this is usually due to an incorrect password or email server settings. To update this info, follow the directions below.
- Tap the Settings icon from the home screen of the iPad
- Press Mail, Contacts, Calendars on the left of the Settings screen
- Under Accounts, tap on the account you wish to update. In this case, Gmail:
- Scroll down to the Outgoing Mail Server section and select your email server
- Press Email Server On
- Enter the applicable Email Server info for Outgoing and Incoming and press done to save the info
At this point you should be able to use the Send Files function again.
More information on troubleshooting Send File issues can be found here: