Generating Product Labels
- Log in to your account in RepZio’s Webmanager
- In the toolbar that runs along the left side of the page, click on “Products”
- In the expanded list of options under “Products,” choose “Generate Labels”
- Under the “Generate Labels” pane, choose a label type from the dropdown
- Next, select a category to generate labels for under the “Select Category” dropdown, or type individual ItemIDs into the field titled “ItemID’s" in either a horizontal list of ItemID's separated by a comma with no space in between or in a vertical list format and hit "Refresh”
- Next, under the Notification Email Settings section on the far right enter an email address so we can notify you when your labels have been generated.
- Enter a name for your label file (optional)
- Once you have selected the correct products, click the “Generate Labels” icon.
This will begin the label generation process for your labels. This can take a few minutes to complete. When completed, the PDF file will be listed under the "Generated Labels" header.
Click on the file name and your labels will open as a PDF document on your computer, at which time you can save the file and or print it using the corresponding label stock that you chose when generated the label.
Important: To ensure labels are able to process properly to generate the PDF file, please keep label batch requests to 400 or fewer items!
Troubleshooting Misaligned Labels
The primary cause of misaligned labels when you print is due to your printer margin settings. Most printers cannot print near the very edge of the page. Many applications (including PDF readers) try to compensate for this by shrinking the page when you print. However, RepZio label PDF's are designed to match the labels exactly, so you need to disable this "feature".
- In page setup, set the scale to 100%
- In page handling, set to no ‘page scaling’ (It should not be ‘Shrink to Printable Area’ or ‘Fit to Printable Area’
- In page handling, make sure ‘Auto Rotate and Center’ is unchecked. Also, ‘select page using document size’ is unchecked.
You may have a slightly different wording of these print settings (depends on your computer and printer) when you print a document but the gist is to have; scale at 100%, no shrinking or fitting to print area, and no auto rotate or center.
Next up: Web Categories