Knowing what your users are searching for in your online store is another way to better understand what your users desire.
Before you begin, ensure you have integrated Segment.io in to Juniper Web & have eCommerce tracking for Google Analytics configured.
Setup in Segment
1. Go Connections > Destinations ... notice Google Analytics, click it to get sent to the Settings
2. Scroll down to Track Pages to ensure "Include the Querystring in Page Views" is On.
Setup In Google Analytics
Once completed and logged into Google Analytics...
- Click Admin (gear icon bottom left) and navigate to the view in which you want to set up Site Search.
- In the View column, click View Settings.
- Under Site Search Settings, set Site Search Tracking to ON.
- In the Query Parameter field, enter q
- Uncheck "Strip query parameters out of URL"
- Click Save
- Give 24 - 48 hours for the search data to be collected and tracked in Google Analytics.
To see the Site Search reports:
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Navigate to your view.
- Open Reports.
- Select Behavior > Site Search.